Saturday, February 2, 2013

{Five Minute Friday} Afraid

Have you seen / heard of Five Minute Friday?
Lisa-Jo Baker hosts it on her blog.
What??
You don't know who Lisa-Jo Baker is??
Wow.
I am honored to point you in her direction.
This may sound sappy or melodramatic, and only those who know me will "get" just how much this means, because I don't say things like this lightly.

She has changed my life.

I won't go into the many things I've learned in her company, there's not room or time. Plus, I couldn't yet do them justice.

One of the things that has been a vehicle of learning for me, is her Five Minute Friday Party. Here is her description:

Friday, time to crack open the chocolate ice cream and unscripted version of beautiful you!
Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s finger paint with words –>{click to tweet}.
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how to play along:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog footer}
3. Go leave some comment props for the five minute artist who linked up before you {and if you love us, consider turning off word verification for the day to make it easier for folks to say howdy}
It’s a great way to catch your breath at the end of a long week.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:

This week, I decided to jump in.

Then.

I saw the prompt.

Can I back out??


Afraid

What am I afraid of? Lots of things, despite what I would've told you only a few short years ago. My worst fear? Not sharing that one. Nope.
But my next worst?
Messing up with my children.
Hitting the brick wall of Mommy Burnout.
Focusing on the "Wrong Thing" and missing the "Right Thing".

 Living with regret.

For a long time, I was afraid to Write Naked.
Still am, actually.
Then I read this, and my definitions changed.
I'm still afraid.
But not so much.

I'm afraid that my chidlren will remember that I was grumpy when the house was messy but not that I played lots of games with them.
I'm afraid that they will think that they aren't the most important people in the world to me.
I'm afraid that they will think they are responsible for my feelings.
I'm afraid that my friends will think I'm a slob.
I'm afraid that people will think that I'm a poor mom.

Times' up.

2 comments:

  1. this takes balls. I didn't want to be "chicken" so I wrote a post too! lol

    ReplyDelete