Sunday, October 26, 2014

Another Peek Into The Mango Tree



See that little red wound on his wrist? I was nominated for Worst Mom of the Year today when he got. We were hiking (oh! Glorious autumn!), and along the trail was a beautiful 5 foot black snake. Unfortunately, there were about 20 people gathered around staring. I wasn't about to let the opportunity slip just for that, though. As I was coaching him through catching it (like we always do when we are sure it is safe), and encouraging him with "now, grab it quickly, NOW!" I heard, in the background, "them things is vurry infectious" and similar declarations. He caught it quite well, but it bit him on the hand-he grabbed hold of it a little too far behind the head and it was able to twist around to get him. He was still tremendously proud of himself, and I was proud of him too! Because of the bottleneck on the trail, my husband was left quite a bit behind with my dog and several of my children while the crowd thinned out. He later told me how very many of them were so shocked and appalled at my behavior. Several "couldn't believe" that I was acting that way. I'm not bothered at all by it, I'm rather used to it and find it amusing. But I thought it would be fun to share 😉 #tribe #blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment