Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Morning Energy!

If you follow me on Twitter or read my tweets here on this blog, you'll occasionally see something with #hellomornings in it.
What is that all about?
SO glad you asksed. :0)
I don't officially "do" HelloMornings, as in sign up and have a team captain and all that, it's a little too socially organized for me. But I definitely love the inspiration in the Maximize Your Mornings free ebook that gave birth to HelloMornings, and I enjoy occasionally interacting with others who are doing the same thing. Reading the ebook made a huge impact on me, in giving me courage to try. I had the ideals and hopes, alright, but just didn't feel like I could do it. Kat (the writer at Inspired To Action, who put together all this) is so good at breaking things down into very manageable steps, and being so uplifting and encouraging without being saccharine and without using guilt or a superiority/inferiority ploy. That's a gift, in my book, and she exercises it well. If you haven't ever been to her site, I can't recommend it highly enough. Inspired to Action is well named!
I've started Maximizing my Mornings over again several times, either after a new baby, a series of sickness roaring through our tribe of 9, other interruptions, or simply falling off the wagon. Every single time, I wonder why I thought it would be hard to start again! I'm at the victorious wrap-up of another "restart", and loving it all over again. I have a list of things that comprise my HelloMornings:

  • make bed
  • do stretches
  • get dressed (workout clothes)
  • read something edifying (& drink coffee)
  • workout
  • shower/do my hair
  • plan the day's jobs, school, & fun
  • get breakfast ready
  • wake the children
  • write in my "280 diary" (sign up there if you like & I get perks!)
  • possibly blog or tweak my blog
I've been doing all but the workout for a few weeks now, incrementally backing up my start time each day. My Husband helped me out the last few mornings by cutting himself deeply over the weekend and needing me to rebandage his arm before and after his morning shower. so now my wake-up time is right on target, and I think I'll be able to keep it there even after he heals up. This morning I finally threw in the workout, and I can't figure out WHY I waited so long! I forget every time just how GOOD it feels to workout, and how energized I am afterward, and how cheerful it makes me, and how motivated to keep moving all day long... and on and on the benefits go...
NOT the least of which are my two cheerleaders this morning, who kept clapping for me and calling "Yay Mama! You win!"
Img_5457

Who can beat that??
I'm also motivated to try something new, but I think I'll wait till after baby... Not sure though. I just found out about "Couch to 5K" this morning, a program designed to take a couch potato to running 5K in 9 weeks. I definitely plan to do it, I'll just have to decide when.
For now, I have a lot I want to get done today!
Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment