Friday, September 9, 2011

This is the way we defrost our freezer... So early in the morning!

Image
Yes, mundane and non-thought-provoking, I know. However, I had no clue how to do this for years. I thought maybe someone else was in that predicament too, so I figured I would share how I get the job done. The ice buildup had jammed the fan and our refrigerator suddenly became intolerably loud. So I rigged up this handy-dandy little setup, and within about 10 min. our refrigerator was frost free and humming quietly. To offer some explanation to the picture, that's a hair dryer, propped by a box of baking soda, and a folded towel in the bottom of the freezer to catch all the melted ice. I turned the hair dryer on high and had myself a nice little cup of coffee while I waited. When I came back all the ice was melted and the towel was wet , so I used it to wipe down the inside of the freezer. And voilĂ  !: Mission accomplished. :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment