Monday, August 29, 2011

"Your Daughter is *where*??"

I keep on not blogging because I don't have time to "catch up" all the details that led up to the thing I don't blog about. I remembered today that I don't need to, for 2 reasons.
(1) because I really can't include all that detail, it becomes a never ending backward spiral;
and (2) no one (including me) would want to read it anyway!
(not to mention (3) it would be waaay too long, and some authority figure in charge of the length of blog posts would excommunicate me from the blogosphere!)
So, I'm working up the nerve to just dive right in the middle, and minimize my future regrets for not blogging.
Lately, I've had a few days that I never thought I would have had, and would have hotly disagreed with you had you dared insinuate the possibility of them ever occurring in my life...
the culmination of them being that yesterday, I waved at my firstborn daughter as she waited for the school bus to pick her up for her first day as a freshman at...
a public high school.
If you know me at all, 'nuff said.

If you don't know me well (and with me, that's quite possible, er, likely for most of you), let me just tell you that until a couple of months ago or less, I would have tried to find a semi-polite way to let you know just exactly what the chances are for a snowball in Texas during and August heatwave, because it had a greater chance than this.
I used to shake my head at the "quitters" and "half-way-ers" who put their formerly homeschooled children "into the system".
Sorry y'all. I'm learning.
And here is where I'm tempted to go off into a long explanation about the why and wherefore and however... but I won't. :0)
Suffice it to say that this is what is clearly "right" for her, right now. Oh so right. In so many ways. She is already glowing.
And, as this has been sitting in my drafts for 3 days now, I'll publish and cover some of those "ways" is later posts. :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment